Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.7.4rc2r30168 - PGI F08 failure
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-10 18:33:53

On Jan 10, 2014, at 1:26 PM, Paul Hargrove <phhargrove_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> OMPI's configure says pgi-8.0 and pgi-9.0 are "good".
> But pgi-10.0 is rejected without even subjecting it to the tests.
> This situation (8.0 and 9.0 "better" than 10.0) sounds fishy to me.

That's true.

Can you send the output from pgi-10? We don't reject based on compiler name/version -- it should be all behavior-based checks...

> You didn't miss anything because I was focused on the idea that mpi_f08 shouldn't even have been attempted on these compilers. See below for the pgi-9.0 error messages. 8.0 was similar but output has been lost (scratch f/s expiry).

This was enough for me to figure out what I think the issue is.

I was doing one BIND(C) configure test -- it looks like I need to do some additional variations of the BIND(C) test. With these additional tests, I'll bet that we'll rule that we won't build the mpi_f08 module with pgi 8/9.

I should have something checked into the trunk soon (for tonight's tarball). Let's see how that does before we bring it over to v1.7 -- we might need to iterate once or twice before getting it right.

Thank you!