Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.7.4rc2r30168 - PGI F08 failure
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-10 10:49:06

Paul --

The output from configure looks ok to me. We're testing for the various capabilities of the fortran compiler that we need, most of which have been around for quite a while. One Big New Thing that isn't around yet is the type(*), dimension(..) notation, which no fortran compiler supports yet. But *most* of the other new MPI-3 Fortran behavior has been around since F2003 (maybe earlier? I'm no expert). (I glossed over a few details here, but you get the point)

Hence, it's not entirely surprising to me that we're determining that an "old" compiler is ok to build the mpi_f08 module.

Can you send the output from what happens when you try to build? (or did I miss that in another post?)