Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] trunk build failure on {Free,Net,Open}BSD
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-10 09:34:13

On Jan 10, 2014, at 9:18 AM, "Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)" <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> It seems to indicate that even if one does find a statfs() function, there are multiple os-dependent versions and it should therefore be avoided. Since statvfs() is defined by POSIX, it should be preferred.
>
> Sounds good; I'll do that.

Gah. The situation gets murkier. I see in OS X Mountain Lion and Mavericks man pages for statvfs() where they describe the fields in struct statvfs:

           f_fsid Not meaningful in this implementation.

This is the field I need out of struct statvfs to know what the file system magic number is. Arrgh!

I'll keep looking into what would be a good solution here...