Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] hcoll destruction via MPI attribute
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-10 08:50:02

On Jan 9, 2014, at 12:05 PM, Joshua Ladd <joshual_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [Josh] We have a recursive doubling algorithm in progress implemented with PML send/recvs, more accurately , with "RTE_isend/RTE_irecv" functions, which, in the case of OMPI are PML calls.

Does that mean that you'll be blocking (effectively) in the communicator destruction function?

I *think* that's ok, but I'm not 100% sure... Brian / George / Nathan: can you confirm?

I ask because the standard does not specify what is allowed in attribute callback functions -- which, by omission, means that *everything* is allowed, but I don't know how well tested code paths are that invoke arbitrary MPI (PML) functionality inside communicator teardown.