Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] trunk build failure on {Free,Net,Open}BSD
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-09 23:00:03

The following might be helpful:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1653163/difference-between-statvfs-and-statfs-system-calls

It seems to indicate that even if one does find a statfs() function, there
are multiple os-dependent versions and it should therefore be avoided.
 Since statvfs() is defined by POSIX, it should be preferred.

If I am not mistaken, reordering the #if logic in path.c to use *only*
statvfs() when it is available (and *not* trying both as is done now) would
resolve the problems I am seeing with NetBSD and Solaris WITHOUT any need
to change the configure logic. However, if one does want to keep the
current logic (or at least something similar) it looks like configure
should not assume statfs() is available without *also* confirming that
"struct statfs" is available.

-Paul

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 7:18 PM, Paul Hargrove <phhargrove_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Paul Hargrove <phhargrove_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> My Solaris-11 build stopped again on the failure to find
>> ibv_open_device().
>> I am re-running w/o --enable-openib now.
>>

> It finished while I was typing the previous message.
> The Solaris-11 build failed in the same way as Solaris-10.
>
> -Paul

> Future Technologies Group
> Computer and Data Sciences Department Tel: +1-510-495-2352

Future Technologies Group