Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.7.4rc2r30168 - PGI F08 failure
From: Larry Baker (baker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-09 20:11:04

I wonder if the reason PGI V10.x does not use mpi_f08 bindings is that old PGI compiler version number parsing error. (Unless, of course, if PGI V11.x or V12.x do use mpi_f08 bindings.) In that old (autoconf?) bug, decisions were made about features supported on PGI compilers by parsing the version number of the compiler. Trouble was, only the first digit was examined, leading to PGI V10.x, V11.x, V12.x, ..., all being parsed as V1. My recollection is that some C++ code was affected.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
baker_at_[hidden]