Subject: [OMPI devel] 1.7.4rc2r30168 - configure failure on Mac OSX 10.5
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-09 18:25:18

As I noted in another email, 1.7.4's README claims support for Mac OSX
versions 10.5 through 10.7. So, I just now tried (but failed) to build on
10.5 (Leopard):

*** Assembler
checking dependency style of gcc -std=gnu99... gcc3
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -p
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -p) interface... BSD nm
checking for fgrep... /usr/bin/grep -F
checking if need to remove -g from CCASFLAGS... OS X Leopard - yes ( -O3
-DNDEBUG -finline-functions -fno-strict-aliasing)
checking whether to enable smp locks... yes
checking if .proc/endp is needed... no
checking directive for setting text section... .text
checking directive for exporting symbols... .globl
checking for objdump... no
checking if .note.GNU-stack is needed... no
checking suffix for labels... :
checking prefix for global symbol labels... none
configure: error: Could not determine global symbol label prefix

The same failure is seen on a PPC system running OSX Leopard, too.
 However, I figure it best to focus on getting x86 working first before
worrying any about PPC.

The only configure option used was --prefix.
The bzip2-compressed config.log is attached.

-Paul

Future Technologies Group