Subject: [OMPI devel] 1.7.4rc1 run failure on Solaris 10 / SPARC (not SIGBUS)
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-19 21:42:51

Testing with Solaris 10 on SPARC, I was expecting to encounter the bus
error reported previously by Siegman Gross. Instead I see the following
hwloc-related abort:

$ env
-mca btl sm,self -np 2 examples/ring_c
Open MPI tried to bind a new process, but something went wrong. The
process was killed without launching the target application. Your job
will now abort.

  Local host: niagara1
  Application name: examples/ring_c
  Error message: hwloc indicates cpu binding cannot be enforced
2 total processes failed to start

I am assuming I just need some magic pixie dust to disable cpu binding.
I'd appreciate some corresponding instructions.

However, if this is NOT an expected/desired/known behavior please let me
know what I can/should do to help determine the root cause.

Future Technologies Group