Subject: [OMPI devel] Results of OMPI developer's meeting last week
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-17 15:35:49

If you weren't at the OMPI developer's meeting last week, you should look at the wiki to see all the things that were discussed and the decisions that were made:

    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/Dec13Meeting

One important change is that we decided for v1.7.3 to change OMPI's default mapping and binding scheme:

- Mapping:
   if #procs <= 2, default to map-by core
   if #procs > 2, default to map-by socket
- Binding:
   default to bind-to core
- Ranking (ordering):
   default to rank-by <obj>, where <obj> is whatever object we mapped against