Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Test suite of openMPI 1.7.3 fails
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-15 12:03:24

We have a subtle bug with the atomic selection. On Linux the CMA support is linked together with the OPAL_ASSEMBLY_ARCH. If the BUILTIN atomics are enabled, and we are on Linux and we need to define the CMA syscall# (OMPI_BTL_SM_CMA_NEED_SYSCALL_DEFS), the opal/include/opal/sys/cma.h file is unable to make a decision as the underlying architecture is unknown (BUILTIN not being a valid architecture).

I think the solution is to have two versions of OPAL_ASSEMBLY_ARCH, one for knowing the architecture (excluding OMPI_SYNC_BUILTIN) and one for selecting the atomics (oncluding OMPI_SYNC_BUILTIN) we want to use. Fixing this however involves too much .m4 craftsmanship for my liking, so a volunteer will be needed…

Once fixed this should go into 1.7 together with 29915, 29916.

Thanks,
  George.