Subject: [OMPI devel] CUDA support not working?
From: Jörg Bornschein (jb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-23 21:42:04

Hello,

I’m trying to evaluate the CUDA support in OpenMPI and I’m failing to get it to
work for both 1.7.3 and openmpi-1.9a1r29736. I tried on Ubuntu 13.04 and on
Fedora 14. I’m typically compiling with

  ./configure —with-cuda

but I tried combining it with various other options. OMPI builds fine, but when I try to run programs compiled against it I always get:

/a.out: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/openmpi/mca_pml_ob1.so: undefined symbol: progress_one_cuda_htod_event

That error even seems to make sense, because the code in ompi/mca/pml/ob1/ refers to common_cuda.[ch], but it does not
seem to link against it's dynamic binary.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

    jb