Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: [OMPI svn-full] svn:open-mpi r29703 - in trunk: contrib/platform/iu/odin ompi/mca/btl/openib ompi/mca/btl/openib/connect
From: Shamis, Pavel (shamisp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-14 16:12:49

Comments inline.

> 3. Pasha moved the openib/connect to common/ofacm but excluded the rdmacm in that move. Never changed openib to use ofacm/common.

Pasha: This is not entirely true. I changed openib btl ~3 year ago before my departure from Mellanox. (I sent link to the code earlier).
We (community) were not able to integrate the code because of "first message" issue in iWarp.

> Given Nathan's comments a second ago about ORNL not supporting the IB Offload component, it barely makes sense to keep common/ofacm.

Pasha: We have no intend to remove iboffload support. Obviously if Mellanox stops to support CORE-Direct technology, it make sense to remove it.

Best,
-Pasha