Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: portable_platform.h copies
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-06 09:48:42

On 11/6/13 7:44 AM, "Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)" <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>I looked at that, too -- I think the only reason to have 2 files is that
>mpi_portable_platform.h is included by mpi.h (its used for knowing how to
>define __mpi_interface_deprecated__ in mpi.h), and is therefore
>installed. opal_portable_platform.h is not installed.

Yeah, I noticed that. However, I'm not sure that's the best way to do
that. First, build-time symlinks are good. Second, I'd prefer always
installing openmpi/opal/opal_portable_platform.h over having two copies of
the same file in the source tree, if symlinks don't work. Hence the
question...

Brian

--
  Brian W. Barrett