Subject: [OMPI devel] oshmem and CFLAGS removal
From: Rolf vandeVaart (rvandevaart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-31 15:46:48

I noticed that there were some CFLAGS that were no longer set when enabling with --enable-picky for gcc. Specifically, -Wundef and -pedantic were no longer set.
This is not a problem for Open MPI 1.7.

I believe this is happening because of some code in the config/oshmem_configure_options.m4 file that is supposed to be oshmem specific, but seems to be bleeding into everything that gets compiled.

oshmem_CFLAGS="$CFLAGS"

# Strip off problematic arguments
oshmem_CFLAGS="`echo $oshmem_CFLAGS | sed 's/-pedantic//g'`"
oshmem_CFLAGS="`echo $oshmem_CFLAGS | sed 's/-Wundef//g'`"
oshmem_CFLAGS="`echo $oshmem_CFLAGS | sed 's/-Wno-long-double//g'`"
CFLAGS="$oshmem_CFLAGS"

Does anyone know an easy fix for this? This is why I think some warnings appeared in Open MPI 1.7 that we did not see for the same change in the trunk.

Thanks,
Rolf
confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by