Subject: [OMPI devel] SHMEM v1.7 merge proposal
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-28 19:02:30

All -

Ralph and I talked today about the logistics of bringing the OpenSHMEM
code to the 1.7 release branch, as it's now a fairly large set of changes
from the trunk. What we propose is to follow the same proceedure we used
when merging in the RTE framework change, which is essentially a staging
branch. So, Mellanox (as the one filing the CMR) would branch from 1.7,
bring the OpenSHMEM changes into that (and hopefully test), and then file
a single CMR for the changes from the branch. If done properly, the GK
then only has to merge with --reintegrate and we're set.

Let's talk about it on the call tomorrow, but that's the current proposal.

Brian

--
  Brian W. Barrett
  Scalable System Software Group