Subject: [OMPI devel] .mailmap added for github mirror
From: Dave Goodell (dgoodell) (dgoodell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-23 16:40:29

Based on discussion with Mellanox around the recent GitHub mirror updates, I've added a .mailmap file in r29494. It helps address two goals:

1) To be able to fix misspelled names without rewinding the Git history.

2) To be able to add email addresses incrementally without rewinding Git history. Mellanox would like email addresses so that they can automatically send build failure emails from their Jenkins continuous integration server.

The initial version only contains email addresses for Cisco contributors. I've put commented-out templates for all other contributors listed in the AUTHORS file. If you are a contributor and you would like to opt-in to having your email address listed in this format, please follow the editing instructions listed in that file on the trunk.

At some point I'll CMR the latest state of the file to the v1.7 branch as well.

For more information about git's usage of the .mailmap file, see the man page for git-shortlog: https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-shortlog.html

-Dave