Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] oshmem Fortran
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-18 08:33:11

On Oct 18, 2013, at 1:18 AM, Igor Ivanov <igor.ivanov_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Is there naming convention related configure options in OMPI?
> Do you see any objections about --enable-oshmem-xxx or they must be replaced with --enable-shmem-xxx?

Hmm. Good question.

I don't know enough about shmem vs. open shmem to say. Is the API the same? If the API is the same, then you make a good point -- perhaps we should replace all --with-oshmem-xxx and --enable-oshmem-xxx with --with-shmem-xxx and --enable-shmem-xxx, respectively.

Supporting this view, we have several --with-mpi-xxx switches (i.e., we don't have --with-ompi-xxx switches). But this works because Open MPI is just an implementation of MPI. Forgive my shmem ignorance: is the oshmem/ layer an implementation of Shmem? Or an implementation of Open Shmem? (is there a difference between the two?)