Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Changes to classes in OMPI
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-09 04:40:04

My concern is that increasing the number of interfaces will not make the code thread safe, as in most cases thread safety is not only a matter of using a _mt version of the basic class object but a matter of a careful manipulation of higher level concepts.

We can hardly use the lack of the _MT function as a reason for not having thread safety in the code. We did have the thread safety a while back without the support of _MT version of all the basic classes.

So I really wonder what is the rationale behind such an intrusive change of the codebase?

  George.