Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.7.x support statement
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-08 10:42:31

On Oct 6, 2013, at 3:13 PM, marco atzeri <marco.atzeri_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> automating build on my hardware is a bit too much ;-)
> as it is just a normal notebook and building on cygwin is a
> slow process.

Fair enough.

Any chance you could script this up (i.e., so you can trivially run with a single command, like "run-ompi-mtt"), and run it every once in a while? Maybe once a week or something? :-D

Even if you run less frequently than that, we can get you an MTT database password so that your results will show up on the web reporter for mtt.open-mpi.org.

> Attached the outcome of testing with the default developer.ini
> and the installed 1.7.2.
> I assume mtt is working as expected. Correct ?

Yes.

Could you also run the built-in "trivial" suite? It's just hello world and MPI ring in C, C++, Fortran (if you have C++/Fortran support).

FWIW: this is basically what Absoft does for us: they do the builds, and then build/run the trivial suite just to make sure it's nominally working.