Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.7.x support statement
From: marco atzeri (marco.atzeri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-06 15:13:00

Il 10/5/2013 1:35 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) ha scritto:
> On Oct 4, 2013, at 8:38 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
>
>> At first glance it does not seems particular user friendly nor with a clear HOWTO guide for good start.
>
> How's this for a start:
>
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/mtt/wiki/OMPITesting
>
>> Additional LWP::Protocol::https is not available so
>> some expectation are not fullfilled.
>
> We might be able to work around this.
>
>> Anything as simple as
>> http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/benchmarks/
>> is available for performing MTT tests ?
>
> Let me clarify: MTT is the engine to run MPI tests -- it's not MPI tests or benchmarks itself. MTT is simply a way to download the nightly tarball, build it N ways, get lots of tests (e.g., the OSU benchmarks), compile each of them against each of the N OMPI builds, and then run each of those tests M different ways, and then submit those results up to our community database.
>
> Once you have MTT up and running, it can run fairly largely automated -- mine runs in a cron job, for example.
>
> Make sense?

Jeff,
automating build on my hardware is a bit too much ;-)
as it is just a normal notebook and building on cygwin is a
slow process.

Attached the outcome of testing with the default developer.ini
and the installed 1.7.2.
I assume mtt is working as expected. Correct ?

Regards
Marco

  • text/plain attachment: stored