Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.7.x support statement
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-04 19:35:36

On Oct 4, 2013, at 8:38 AM, marco atzeri <marco.atzeri_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> At first glance it does not seems particular user friendly nor with a clear HOWTO guide for good start.

How's this for a start:

    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/mtt/wiki/OMPITesting

> Additional LWP::Protocol::https is not available so
> some expectation are not fullfilled.

We might be able to work around this.

> Anything as simple as
> http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/benchmarks/
> is available for performing MTT tests ?

Let me clarify: MTT is the engine to run MPI tests -- it's not MPI tests or benchmarks itself. MTT is simply a way to download the nightly tarball, build it N ways, get lots of tests (e.g., the OSU benchmarks), compile each of them against each of the N OMPI builds, and then run each of those tests M different ways, and then submit those results up to our community database.

Once you have MTT up and running, it can run fairly largely automated -- mine runs in a cron job, for example.

Make sense?