Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: remove udapl BTL
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-04 07:27:50

WHAT: Remove the udapl BTL from the trunk (it's not in v1.7)

WHY: No one is using it

WHERE: README, config/ompi_check_udapl.m4, and ompi/mca/btl/udapl

TIMEOUT: Tuesday October 15 teleconf

-----

While editing the 1.7.x README this morning, I noticed:

- we still document --with-udapl
- the udapl BTL isn't in the v1.7 branch

Sun/Oracle was the only organization using and maintaining the udapl BTL. They're long gone, so why not delete the UDAPL BTL? It can always be brought back out of SVN history if someone wants to resurrect it.

There's no real rush to delete this from the trunk; I just bring it up because it's old kruft (that has likely bit-rotted) that we should probably not forget to remove.