Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Possible OMPI 1.6.5 bug? SEGV in malloc.c
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-10 06:01:20

Hmm. I don't know how to proceed here. I don't doubt that this is happening to you, but I'm unable to reproduce it. :-\

Can you install a segv handler to simply write(0,...) and sleep() so that you can attach a debugger to a live process when this happens, and poke around a bit? You might get more information from a live process than a corefile. For example, "remainder" comes form chunk_at_offset(p, nb), so it might be interesting to look at that routine and see if something is going wrong in there...?