Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Possible OMPI 1.6.5 bug? SEGV in malloc.c
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-09-10 06:01:20

Hmm. I don't know how to proceed here. I don't doubt that this is happening to you, but I'm unable to reproduce it. :-\

Can you install a segv handler to simply write(0,...) and sleep() so that you can attach a debugger to a live process when this happens, and poke around a bit? You might get more information from a live process than a corefile. For example, "remainder" comes form chunk_at_offset(p, nb), so it might be interesting to look at that routine and see if something is going wrong in there...?

On Sep 4, 2013, at 3:15 AM, Christopher Samuel <samuel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 04/09/13 04:47, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
>> Hmm. Are you building Open MPI in a special way? I ask because I'm
>> unable to replicate the issue -- I've run your test (and a C
>> equivalent) a few hundred times now:
> I don't think we do anything unusual, the script we are using is
> fairly simple (it does a module purge to ensure we are just using the
> system compilers and don't pick up anything strange) and is as follows:
> #!/bin/bash
> BASE=`basename $PWD | sed -e s,-,/,`
> module purge
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/${BASE} --with-slurm --with-openib --enable-static --enable-shared
> make -j
> - --
> Christopher Samuel Senior Systems Administrator
> VLSCI - Victorian Life Sciences Computation Initiative
> Email: samuel_at_[hidden] Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -
> q2AAn3BNG8omGncmLc4HadRPZgRjQEph
> =56wh