Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Detailed documentation on OpenMPI
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-22 08:43:54

Note that according to http://www.ohloh.net/p/openmpi, OMPI is over 3/4M lines of code. I doubt you will be able to get a thorough understanding of *all* of OMPI in a semester or two -- indeed, I doubt that any one Open MPI core developer has a thorough understanding of the whole code base (I know I don't!).

I don't say these things to discourage you; I actually just want to encourage you to set realistic expectations for what you'll be able to do.

Are there any particular areas that you'd like to focus on? MPI -- and the Open MPI implementation -- covers a *lot* of different subsystems and concepts.