Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] ompi_info
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-17 14:15:24

On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:16 PM, Nathan Hjelm <hjelmn_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> As Ralph suggested you need to pass the --level or -l option to see all the variables. --level 9 will print everything. If you think there are variables everyday users should see you are welcome to change them to OPAL_INFO_LVL_1. We are trying to avoid moving too many variables to this info level.

I think George might have a point here, though. He was specifically asking about the --all option, right?

I think it might be reasonable for "ompi_info --all" to actually show *all* MCA params (up through level 9).

Thoughts?

>> Btw, something is wrong i the following output. I have an "btl = sm,self" in my .openmpi/mca-params.conf so I should not even see the BTL TCP parameters.
>
> I think ompi_info has always shown all the variables despite what you have the selection variable set (at least in some cases). We now just display everything in all cases. An additional benefit to the updated code is that if you set a selection variable through the environment (OMPI_MCA_btl=self,sm) it no longer appears as unset in ompi_info. The old code unset all selection variables in order to ensure all parameters got printed (very annoying but necessary).

Yes, I think I like this new behavior better, too.

Does anyone violently disagree?