Open MPI logo

Open MPI Development Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |  

This web mail archive is frozen.

This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.

You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails have been added to it since July of 2016.

Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.

Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] basename: a faulty warning 'extra operand --test-name' in tests causes test-driver to fail
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-11 17:18:23


I'm not sure what you're saying -- isn't this an Automake bug?

Or are you saying that we're doing something wrong in OMPI's Makefile.am's?

On Jul 11, 2013, at 7:47 AM, Vasiliy <testtest_2005_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've also tracked down that problem with 'test-driver'. Look at that:
>
> $ gdb --args /usr/bin/sh /usr/share/automake-1.14/test-driver
> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.50.20130320-cvs
> Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
> and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-cygwin".
> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
> Reading symbols from /usr/bin/sh...Reading symbols from
> /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/sh.exe.dbg...done.
> done.
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/bin/sh /usr/share/automake-1.14/test-driver
> [New Thread 9900.0xc10]
> [New Thread 9900.0x1bec]
> [New Thread 9900.0xe38]
> /usr/share/automake-1.14/test-driver: line 95: $log_file: ambiguous redirect
> FAIL:
> /usr/share/automake-1.14/test-driver: line 114: $trs_file: ambiguous redirect
> /usr/share/automake-1.14/test-driver: line 115: $trs_file: ambiguous redirect
> /usr/share/automake-1.14/test-driver: line 116: $trs_file: ambiguous redirect
> /usr/share/automake-1.14/test-driver: line 117: $trs_file: ambiguous redirect
> [Inferior 1 (process 9900) exited with code 01]
> (gdb) quit
>
> $ gdb --args /usr/bin/sh /usr/share/automake-1.14/test-driver --log-file=/tmp
> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.50.20130320-cvs
> Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
> and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-cygwin".
> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
> Reading symbols from /usr/bin/sh...Reading symbols from
> /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/sh.exe.dbg...done.
> done.
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/bin/sh /usr/share/automake-1.14/test-driver
> --log-file=/tmp
> [New Thread 2164.0x164c]
> [New Thread 2164.0x24a4]
> [New Thread 2164.0x2550]
> /usr/share/automake-1.14/test-driver: invalid option: '--log-file=/tmp'
> [New Thread 2164.0x19d4]
> Usage:
> test-driver --test-name=NAME --log-file=PATH --trs-file=PATH
> [--expect-failure={yes|no}] [--color-tests={yes|no}]
> [--enable-hard-errors={yes|no}] [--] TEST-SCRIPT
> The '--test-name', '--log-file' and '--trs-file' options are mandatory.
>
> So, there is a problem with 'test-driver' either because a testsuite
> does not provide --test-name=NAME or because --log-file=/tmp or
> --log-file=/tmp/delme is wrongly considered an invalid option. It
> applies to automake 1.13 as well.
>
> Could an Open MPI Team suggest if we could change that behavior, or,
> at least, make omitting --test-name not so critical?
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Vasiliy
> Date: Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM
> Subject: basename: a faulty warning 'extra operand --test-name' in
> tests causes test-driver to fail
> To: Open MPI Developers
>
>
> upon inspecting:
> $ /usr/share/automake-1.14/test-driver --help
> Usage:
> test-driver --test-name=NAME --log-file=PATH --trs-file=PATH
> [--expect-failure={yes|no}] [--color-tests={yes|no}]
> [--enable-hard-errors={yes|no}] [--] TEST-SCRIPT
> The '--test-name', '--log-file' and '--trs-file' options are mandatory.
> <code>
> make check-TESTS
> make[1]: Entering directory
> '/usr/src/64bit/release/openmpi/openmpi-1.9.0-a1/build/test/asm'
> make[2]: Entering directory
> '/usr/src/64bit/release/openmpi/openmpi-1.9.0-a1/build/test/asm'
> basename: extra operand `--test-name'
> Try `basename --help' for more information.
> --> Testing
> basename: extra operand `--test-name'
> Try `basename --help' for more information.
> --> Testing
> basename: extra operand `--test-name'
> Try `basename --help' for more information.
> --> Testing
> basename: extra operand `--test-name'
> Try `basename --help' for more information.
> --> Testing
> ...
>
> /usr/src/64bit/release/openmpi/openmpi-1.9.0-a1/src/openmpi-1.9.0/config/test-driver:
> line 95: <PID> Segmentation fault (core dumped) "$@" > $log_file
> 2>&1
> </code>
> _______________________________________________
> devel mailing list
> devel_at_[hidden]
> http://www.open-mpi.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/devel

-- 
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres_at_[hidden]
For corporate legal information go to: http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/