Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] a bogus warning: undefined symbols not allowed in x86_64-pc-cygwin shared libraries
From: marco atzeri (marco.atzeri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-09 08:24:22

Il 7/9/2013 2:01 PM, Vasiliy ha scritto:
> Hi, Marco,
>
> It is a looong string of characters, times as yours, and I'm actually
> making a DSO build with everything included. Yes, it is the
> bleeding-edge, however, patched Open MPI version 1.9a1 sources, on
> Cygwin 64-bit version 1.7.21-6.
>
> I have updated dozens of Cygwin packages to their 'bleeding-edge'
> revisions, and successfully tested and compiled many of those,
> flexible enough, further with -Ofast and "plus" optimization for my
> projects. This has resulted in a tremendous speed increase, full
> multithreading, and hot deliverables due to faster execution time.

already building first openmpi package some months ago was bleeding edge
;-)

You are welcome to the party and let me know how proceed with dso;
on my build it is disabled on purpose as I was not able to build it also
on 32bit due to the unclear dependency tree.

the undefined warning is usually releated to some type of

   LDFLAGS="-Wl,-no-undefined"

variants needed.
Unfortunately latest gcc does not ignore any more the "-no-undefined"
as unknown word and passing it to libtool is becoming a bit harder
that was in the past.

Please remind that Cygwin 64 is also bleeding-edge; it is a good beta
but still a beta.

> While I don't represent any organization view it's still an amateur
> work done to the detriment of time for job hunting. I probably need to
> pay more attention to the latter, so, to find out if I could complete
> a DSO build before the hunting season starts. There is a well-funded
> hope, though.

I can not help here. Writing software is not my main activity, just a
side hobby.

> Regards,
> Vasiliy

Regards