Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] a bogus warning: undefined symbols not allowed in x86_64-pc-cygwin shared libraries
From: marco atzeri (marco.atzeri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-09 08:24:22

Il 7/9/2013 2:01 PM, Vasiliy ha scritto:
> Hi, Marco,
> It is a looong string of characters, times as yours, and I'm actually
> making a DSO build with everything included. Yes, it is the
> bleeding-edge, however, patched Open MPI version 1.9a1 sources, on
> Cygwin 64-bit version 1.7.21-6.
> I have updated dozens of Cygwin packages to their 'bleeding-edge'
> revisions, and successfully tested and compiled many of those,
> flexible enough, further with -Ofast and "plus" optimization for my
> projects. This has resulted in a tremendous speed increase, full
> multithreading, and hot deliverables due to faster execution time.

already building first openmpi package some months ago was bleeding edge

You are welcome to the party and let me know how proceed with dso;
on my build it is disabled on purpose as I was not able to build it also
on 32bit due to the unclear dependency tree.

the undefined warning is usually releated to some type of

variants needed.
Unfortunately latest gcc does not ignore any more the "-no-undefined"
as unknown word and passing it to libtool is becoming a bit harder
that was in the past.

Please remind that Cygwin 64 is also bleeding-edge; it is a good beta
but still a beta.

> While I don't represent any organization view it's still an amateur
> work done to the detriment of time for job hunting. I probably need to
> pay more attention to the latter, so, to find out if I could complete
> a DSO build before the hunting season starts. There is a well-funded
> hope, though.

I can not help here. Writing software is not my main activity, just a
side hobby.