Subject: [OMPI devel] Problem when using MPI_Type_create_struct + MPI_Type_dup
From: Thomas Jahns (jahns_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-24 09:22:03

Hello,

the following code exposes a problem we are experiencing with our OpenMPI
1.6.[24] installations.

My colleague Moritz Hanke isolated the problem to an interaction of
MPI_Type_create_struct with a previous MPI_Type_dup. When MPI_Type_dup on line
67 of the example is replaced with a straight assignment of MPI_INT to sends[0],
the problem goes away.

We are using a patched version of OpenMPI which includes the changes from r28319.

Regards, Thomas Jahns

--
Thomas Jahns
DKRZ GmbH, Department: Application software