Subject: [OMPI devel] two questions about 1.7.1
From: Paul Kapinos (kapinos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-19 07:52:45

Hello All,

I.
Using the new Open MPI 1.7.1 we see some messages on the console:

> example mpiext init
> example mpiext fini

... on each call to MPI_INIT, MPI_FINALIZE at least in Fortran programs.

Seems somebody forgot to disable some 'printf'-debug-output? =)

II.
In the 1.7.x series, the 'carto' framework has been deleted:
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/announce/2013/04/0053.php
> - Removed maffinity, paffinity, and carto frameworks (and associated
> MCA params).

Is there some replacement for this? Or, would Open MPI detect the NUMA structure
of nodes automatically?

Background: Currently we're using the 'carto' framework on our kinda special
'Bull BCS' nodes. Each such node consist of 4 boards with own IB card but build
a shared memory system. Clearly, communicating should go over the nearest IB
interface - for this we use 'carto' now.

best
Paul Kapinos

--
Dipl.-Inform. Paul Kapinos   -   High Performance Computing,
Seffenter Weg 23,  D 52074  Aachen (Germany)