Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: RFC: support for Mellanox's "libhcoll" library
From: Aurélien Bouteiller (bouteill_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-18 17:36:07

If it is Mellanox specific, maybe the component name could reflect this (like mlxhcoll), as it will be visible to end-users.

Aurelien

Le 18 juin 2013 à 11:25, "Barrett, Brian W" <bwbarre_at_[hidden]> a écrit :

> In general, I'm ok with it. I think we should let it soak for a week or
> two in the trunk before we file the CMR to 1.7.
>
> Brian
>
> On 6/18/13 6:51 AM, "Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)" <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Sounds good; +1.
>>
>> On Jun 18, 2013, at 8:02 AM, Joshua Ladd <joshual_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> Request for Change:
>>>
>>> What: Add support for Mellanox Technologies¹ next-generation
>>> non-blocking collectives, code-named ³libhcoll². This comes in the form
>>> of a new ³hcoll² component to the ³coll² framework.
>>>
>>> Where: Trunk and 1.7
>>>
>>> When: July 1
>>>
>>> Why: In support of MPI 3, Mellanox Technologies will make available its
>>> next generation collectives library, ³libhcoll², in MOFED 2.0 releases
>>> and higher starting in the late 2013 timeframe. ³Libhcoll² adds support
>>> for truly asynchronous non-blocking collectives on supported HCAs
>>> (Connect X-3 and higher) via Mellanox Technologies¹ CORE-Direct
>>> technology. ³Libhcoll² also adds support for hierarchical collectives
>>> and features a highly scalable infrastructure battle tested and proven
>>> on some of the world¹s largest HPC systems.
>>>

>>> Joshua S. Ladd, PhD
>>> HPC Algorithms Engineer
>>> Mellanox Technologies
>>>
>>> Email: joshual_at_[hidden]
>>> Cell: +1 (865) 258 - 8898

>> --
>> Jeff Squyres
>> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

> Brian W. Barrett
> Scalable System Software Group
> Sandia National Laboratories

* Dr. Aurélien Bouteiller
* Researcher at Innovative Computing Laboratory
* University of Tennessee
* 1122 Volunteer Boulevard, suite 309b
* Knoxville, TN 37996
* 865 974 9375