Subject: [OMPI devel] Openib + common/verbs CPC consolidation
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-14 15:29:15

FYI: On the teleconf today, we talked about the next dominos to fall in the quest to move the BTLs down to OPAL:

1. Nathan will make the openib "udcm" CPC the default in the immediate future
   --> This paves the way to ditch the problematic "oob" openib CPC
   --> This also will give udcm more widespread testing
2. Mellanox will add XRC support to udcm
   --> This paves the way to ditch the problematic "xoob" openib CPC
   --> Josh thought they could do this within a month, but that's a SWAG and subject to change
3. I will ping Chelsio about getting them to add proper iWARP support into common/ofacm
   --> This paves the way to eliminate btl/openib/cpc
   --> No idea on timeframe yet
4. Once #3 is done, make openib use common/ofacm
5. Once #2, #3, and #4 are done, delete btl/openib/cpc

#1-3 have people assigned to them. #4 does not (#5 is pretty trivial -- an svn rm plus some Makefile.am mods).