Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Q: project based MCA param files
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-07 09:57:45

I believe we already have a way of defining where to get the default mca params:

    ret = mca_base_var_register ("opal", "mca", "base", "param_files", "Path for MCA "
                                 "configuration files containing variable values",
                                 MCA_BASE_VAR_TYPE_STRING, NULL, 0, 0, OPAL_INFO_LVL_2,
                                 MCA_BASE_VAR_SCOPE_READONLY, &mca_base_var_files);

So wouldn't it be as easy as defining an envar? It's what we did when using the OMPI code with ORCM a couple of years ago, and we used it again for a recent project in Greenplum where the default mca param was specified in a different location than usual.