Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI svn] svn:open-mpi r28456 - trunk
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-07 09:19:02

On May 6, 2013, at 10:39 PM, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Could someone help me out a bit here:
>
> * I'm unaware of any mechanism for "ignoring" an entire framework. Was something added for that purpose?

It's been in autogen.pl for a while -- check out the end of mca_process_framework() in autogen.pl.

> * What "non-MCA" projects are in our repository? Everything appears to be based on MCA plugins.
>
> * Looking at Trac, we eliminated all project/config directories when we did the OMPI-RTE abstraction. So what are we looping across at the end of autogen?

Yes, we did. ORNL specifically asked me/Nathan off-list if they could add this loop in, because they have some off-trunk repos (e.g., STCI) that both still use the config/ directory stuff and have non-MCA projects. I didn't see any harm in these things; e.g., the loop only adds -I if the directory exists. I.e., I saw it as being an attempt to be friendly to those who are trying to use our lower laters (ORTE and/or OPAL) with non-OMPI projects. I thought this fit in well with the move-the-BTLs-down-to-OPAL philosophy.

That being said, if others disagree -- e.g., Ralph has a valid point: this is to help projects that are outside of our trunk -- let's discuss. This will probably be a useful topic to discuss today on the teleconf.