Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] June OMPI developer's meeting
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-06 14:14:07

On Apr 30, 2013, at 6:20 PM, Larry Baker <baker_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I would like to try to get down there (from Menlo Park) to meet and thank the OpenMPI developers, but I doubt I would be a very useful participant.

All are free to attend, but you'll need to endure some deep-mojo discussions of the innards of Open MPI. :-)

> Will there be a social event that I could attend?

We typically do something informally scheduled on the day of, or somesuch (e.g., around 4pm people start wondering aloud what we should do for dinner :-) ). But if there is interest for others to attend, we can probably set up something ahead of time.

> Maybe there is one at the MPI Forum?

Same situation at the Forum -- we argu^H^H^H^Hdiscuss all day, and then discuss what to do for dinner, and then head out, usually in smaller groups.

> Because of the US budget sequestration, I cannot spend any money, unless I do it on my own (in which case I have to bend over backwards to obscure my government affiliation -- like no mention of USGS on my registration or name badge).

The OMPI meeting will have no registration fee. The MPI Forum meeting has a registration fee, but if you just wanted to come to chat, observe, and not be on track to vote (voting means you have to register and attend at least 2 out of 3 consecutive meetings), you're more than welcome to come.