Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Using external libevent
From: Orion Poplawski (orion_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-01 22:32:48

On 04/29/2013 11:04 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2013, at 7:37 PM, Orion Poplawski <orion_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>> As I said, I'll take a look at it, but can't commit to having it available any time soon. It isn't something I would suggest someone try who isn't fully versed in OMPI's code base.
>>
>> Yeah, I'm not looking forward to it. I get to at least wait until the non-threaded version of libevent is available.
>
> I hate to see someone suffer, so I went ahead and added the external libevent connection this morning. Not trivial, but it seems to work. It is in our developer's trunk if you want to test it. As Jeff has said, we would prefer you not do this until the 1.9 series is released, and we won't be porting this change to the 1.7 series anyway.
>
> Just put it in so we can begin the investigation, and we always appreciate input and help in exploring the impacts!
> Ralph

Great! I'll try to take a look at next week.

I noticed another message about using a threaded libevent after all on
the devel list. What is the status of that? Do we still need to
produce a non-threaded libevent in Fedora?

Thanks again.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion_at_[hidden]