Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: initial MPI_T support
From: Nathan Hjelm (hjelmn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-05 14:52:12

What: Add initial support for the MPI 3.0 tools interface (MPI_T). Inital support includes full support for the MPI_T_cvar and MPI_T_category interfaces. No pvars are available at this time. Support for pvars will be added at a later time.

Why: To be MPI 3.0 compliant the MPI_T interface must be implemented. This RFC implements the complete interface.

When: Monday April 8, 2013. We can make adjustments to the implementation after it is committed to the trunk. The only changes that really need to be reviewed are: ompi/include/mpi.h.in, and structure of the incomming code.

The changes can be found @ https://github.com/hjelmn/ompi-mca-var/tree/mpit-commit

Jeff, I added the MPI_T error codes to mpif-values.pl even though they will never be returned by a fortran function. Don't know if that was necessary or not. Please advise.

Look at:
https://github.com/hjelmn/ompi-mca-var/commit/689d7d5d95f982794bcba8afb385cdce80bf75e1
https://github.com/hjelmn/ompi-mca-var/commit/80338e741b1749bb235b9cf45e0db579efe4d61d

-Nathan