Phase 1 of the MCA revamp is now in the trunk. Changes:
- New variable system interface (mca_base_var) replaces mca_base_param.
- "Shim" layer for mca_base_param implemented on top of mca_base_var. This layer will be removed around June 1, 2013.
- Support for an "override" MCA variable file (openmpi-mca-param-override.conf). Variables in this file can not be overridden by either the environment or another file.
- Support for more variable types: bool, unsigned, unsigned long long.
- Support for enumerated integer variables.
- Support for the k, m, and g suffix for integers. Ex. 1k = 1024.
- New framework system. All frameworks have been updated to use the new system.
- Cleaner ompi_info implementation.
- Etc. See individual commit messages for more details.
MPI_T_* support will follow in a week or so.