Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: [OMPI svn] svn:open-mpi r28202 - in trunk: ompi/runtime opal/mca/memory/linux
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-22 11:53:22

On 3/22/13 9:35 AM, "Ralph Castain" <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>On Mar 22, 2013, at 8:23 AM, "Barrett, Brian W" <bwbarre_at_[hidden]>
>wrote:
>
>> On 3/22/13 9:17 AM, "Ralph Castain" <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm afraid this still doesn't work for me - on my Centos box:
>>>
>>> ../../../ompi/.libs/libmpi.so: undefined reference to
>>> `opal_memory_linux_malloc_init_hook'
>>>
>>> I tried it with a brand new checkout of the trunk. Any ideas?
>>
>> Can you run nm on the built libopen-pal and see if
>> opal_memory_linux_malloc_init_hook() is in there (and whether it's
>>public
>> or private)?
>
>Perhaps the difference stems from my platform file?
>with_memory_manager=no

That would be the issue. There's a bug in the memory-linux component's
configure such that it sets the defines that say it's going to build when
it's not actually going to build. I have a (bad) fix for this problem and
am trying to see if I can find a less awful solution.

Long term, this is a gentle reminder that I really need to do some more
overhaul of the configure system so that we don't run configure macros for
components that won't build.

Brian

--
  Brian W. Barrett