Subject: [OMPI devel] Hostfile info argument with MPI_COMM_SPAWN in a Torque environment
From: Sebastian Rinke (s.rinke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-21 16:35:50

Dear all,

I'm using OMPI 1.6.4 in a Torque-like environment.
However, since there are modifications in Torque that prevent OMPI from spawning processes the way it does with MPI_COMM_SPAWN,
I want to circumvent Torque and use plain ssh only.

So, I configured --without-tm and can successfully run mpiexec with -hostfile.

Now I want to MPI_COMM_SPAWN using the hostfile info argument.

I start with

$ mpiexec -np 1 -hostfile hostfile_all ./spawn_parent

where hostfile_all is a superset of hostfile_spawn which is provided in the info argument to MPI_COMM_SPAWN.

The message I get is:

All nodes which are allocated for this job are already filled.

Any help on this is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Sebastian