Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Style question: // in C code
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-05 20:51:23

We talked about this on the call today.

The conclusion was that we *are* using AC_PROG_CC_C99 in configure, which should hypothetically set the right compiler flags to put the compiler in C99 mode, where // should be accepted without warning.

If someone wants to take a few minutes and verify that we won't get warnings from all supported compilers when // is used in debug builds, then we'll start allowing // in C code. Otherwise, we're sticking to /* */.