Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.7rc8 is posted
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-28 13:39:50

On Feb 28, 2013, at 12:04 PM, Pavel Mezentsev <pavel.mezentsev_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Do you mean the logs from failed attempts? They are enclosed. If you need the successful logs I'll need to make them again since the files from successful builds are deleted.

You guessed right; I need the logs from the failed builds.

It looks like your openf95 compiler is generating borked executables:

-----
configure:31019: checking KIND value of Fortran C_SIGNED_CHAR
configure:31046: openf95 -o conftest conftest.f90 >&5
configure:31046: $? = 0
configure:31046: ./conftest
./configure: line 4343: 1234 Illegal instruction (core dumped) ./conftest$ac_exeext
configure:31046: $? = 132
configure: program exited with status 132
configure: failed program was:
| program main
|
| use, intrinsic :: ISO_C_BINDING
| open(unit = 7, file = "conftest.out")
| write(7, *) C_SIGNED_CHAR
| close(7)
|
| end
-----

There's no reason the above Fortran program should fail with "illegal instruction".

> I am not using MXM. The results with the option you suggested are the same as before:

We're investigating the latency issue.