Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.6.4rc5: final rc
From: Eugene Loh (eugene.loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-20 13:28:56

On 02/20/13 07:54, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
> All MTT testing looks good for 1.6.4. There seems to be an MPI dynamics problem when --enable-spare-groups is used, but this does not look like a regression to me.
>
> I put out a final rc, because there was one more minor change to accommodate an MXM API change; it's in the usual place:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.6/
>
> Unless something disastrous happens, I plan to release this as the final 1.6.4 tomorrow.

I don't think this qualifies as "disastrous", but...

I've been trying to do some 1.6 testing on Solaris. (Solaris 11, Oracle Studio compilers, both SPARC and x86) Results generally
look good. The main issue appears to be:

- SPARC
   *AND*
- compile with "-m32 -xmemalign=8s" (the latter means assume at most 8-byte alignment, with sigbus for misalignment)
   *AND*
- openib

There is a sigbus during MPI_Init. Specifically, if I go to btl_openib_frag.h out_constructor(), I see:

     frag->sr_desc.wr_id = (uint64_t)(uintptr_t)frag;

and the left-hand side is on a 4-byte (but not 8-byte) boundary. How hard would it be to get openib frags on 8-byte boundaries?