Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: Remove solaris thread support
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-14 12:38:36

Hi all -

I'd like to propose that we remove the support for Solaris threads in the
trunk. Solaris provides a pthread implementation which is of equivalent
performance and supporting two thread libraries is kind of a pain.
Pthreads also supports static initializers, which will be nice going
forward. Assuming no one complains, I'll remove the solaris threads
support from the trunk on Wednesday, February 20th.

  Brian W. Barrett
  Scalable System Software Group
  Sandia National Laboratories