Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: Remove solaris thread support
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-14 12:38:36

Hi all -

I'd like to propose that we remove the support for Solaris threads in the
trunk. Solaris provides a pthread implementation which is of equivalent
performance and supporting two thread libraries is kind of a pain.
Pthreads also supports static initializers, which will be nice going
forward. Assuming no one complains, I'll remove the solaris threads
support from the trunk on Wednesday, February 20th.

Brian

--
  Brian W. Barrett
  Scalable System Software Group