Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Open MPI (not quite) on Cray XC30
From: Jure Pečar (pegasus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-30 10:28:14

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:28:34 -0800
Paul Hargrove <phhargrove_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I will be happy to retest on both the XC30 and XE6 at NERSC from a nightly
> tarball with the fixes.
> Please give me a heads up when that is available.

I'd be interested in that too.

Hello all,

sorry to hijack a thread, but I have to build OpenMPI on Cray XE6 to get an openmpi-only app running and thought it makes sense to have all cray things in one thread.

I'm working with 1.7rc6 tarball and passing these arguments to configure script: --prefix, --with-ugni, --with-ugni-libdir, --with-ugni-includedir

Build is successful and I get mca_btl_ugni.so in lib/openmpi/. However running ompi_info gives this on stderr:
mca: base: component_find: unable to open $prefix/lib/openmpi/mca_btl_ugni: $prefix/lib/openmpi/mca_btl_ugni.so: undefined symbol: ompi_common_ugni_module (ignored)

(I put $prefix in there to shorten the whole text)

and ugni is not loaded and not available as btl.

Since the undefined symbol comes from openmpi, I think this is openmpi thing.

I just tried 1.7rc7r27980 and see this problem still exists.

--
Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org