Subject: [OMPI devel] Open MPI Configure Script
From: David Beer (dbeer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-28 12:50:46

All,

By way of introduction, I'm a TORQUE developer and I probably should've
joined this list - even if only to keep myself informed - years ago.

At any rate, we're in the process of changing TORQUE so that it compiles
using g++ instead of gcc. We're starting to use some C++ constructs to make
our lives easier. In doing this, we've noticed that OpenMPI doesn't like
TORQUE's libraries when built by gcc, it fails at the configure time
claiming in can't find tm_init() in libtorque.so. I've been trying to track
down exactly why, and where I am now is making me think that something in
the configure script is assuming that TORQUE's libraries are compiled by
gcc. Is there someone who could advise me on how to resolve this issue?

--
David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing