Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.6.4rc2 released
From: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-26 08:56:14

On Saturday 2013-01-26 13:25, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:

>In the usual location:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.6/
>
>Changes since rc1:
>
>- Automatically provide compiler flags that compile properly on some
> types of ARM systems.
>- Fix slot_list behavior when multiple sockets are specified. Thanks
> to Siegmar Gross for reporting the problem.
>- Fixed memory leak in one-sided operations. Thanks to Victor
> Vysotskiy for letting us know about this one.

I noticed that the openmpi Open Trace Format library and the OpenType
font library conflict in naming one of their libraries, namely
libotf.so. This creates a problem for system installation, but foremost
distro packaging, since the latter is path-invariant. (Both the openmpi
and opentype RPMs will provide the "libotf.so" symbol by default.)

How is the outlook for doing a rename of libotf.so?