Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] New ARM patch
From: Leif Lindholm (leif.lindholm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-25 07:28:01

On 24/01/13 22:12, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2013, at 8:18 AM, Leif Lindholm <Leif.Lindholm_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> I tested this patch in v1.6 and v1.7 on my Pi, and it seems to work
>>> just fine. "make check" passes all the ASM tests.
>>
>> Just to be perfectly clear: it wouldn't on ARMv5 though, and the ARMv6
>> ASM test executed with NOPs for barriers, although it would correctly
>> pass all other tests.
>
> Mmm. Ok. So is this a correct list of what is supported right now (i.e., in v1.6 with your patch)
>
> ARM4: no
> ARM5: no
> ARM6: sorta (not multi-core, or anywhere we would need barriers)
> ARM7: yes
>
> ?

Correct, that is what is supported with out-of-line assembler functions
- i.e. when explicitly building with -DOMPI_DISABLE_INLINE_ASM.
They are all supported (and correctly using barriers) otherwise.

> How would George's patch have changed that list?

ARM4: no
ARM5: maybe, unvalidated
ARM6: yes
ARM7: yes

/
     Leif

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.