Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: RTE Framework
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-23 10:24:09

That's not entirely true; there's some state that's required to be held by
the RTE framework (the ompi_process_info structure), but it's minimal and
does not scale with number of peers in a job.

In terms of interface, there's now three MPI frameworks which encompass
the set of functionality the MPI layer needs: rte, pubsub, and dpm (the
last two are the dynamic process stuff). The RTE framework is a fairly
small set of functions, probably 20? I'm hoping we can shrink it slightly
over time, but it's going to require some thought and changes to the OMPI
layer, so I didn't want to do it all in one go.

Brian