Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.6.4rc1 has been posted
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-17 17:26:34

Since I see OpenBSD twice on the list of changes, I've fired off my
automated testing on my OpenBSD platforms.
Since the "MPI datatype issues on OpenBSD" I reported against 1.7.0rc5 also
appeared on FreeBSD-6.3, I've tested that platform as well.

The good news is that the problems I've reported in the past appear to be
resolved.

The BAD news is a new failure (SEGV in orted at exit) on OpenBSD-5.2/amd64,
which I will report in a separate email once I've completed some triage.

-Paul

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <
jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In the usual location:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.6/
>
> Here's a list of changes since 1.6.3:
>
> - Added performance improvements to the OpenIB (OpenFabrics) BTL.
> - Improved error message when process affinity fails.
> - Fixed MPI_MINLOC on man pages for MPI_REDUCE(_LOCAL). Thanks to Jed
> Brown for noticing the problem and supplying a fix.
> - Made malloc hooks more friendly to IO interprosers. Thanks to the
> bug report and suggested fix from Darshan maintainer Phil Carns.
> - Restored ability to direct launch under SLURM without PMI support.
> - Fixed MPI datatype issues on OpenBSD.
> - Major VT update to 5.14.2.
> - Support FCA v3.0+.
> - Fixed header file problems on OpenBSD.
> - Fixed issue with MPI_TYPE_CREATE_F90_REAL.
> - Fix an issue with using external libltdl installations. Thanks to
> opolawski for identifying the problem.
> - Fixed MPI_IN_PLACE case for MPI_ALLGATHER for FCA.
> - Allow SLURM PMI support to look in lib64 directories. Thanks to
> Guillaume Papaure for the patch.
> - Restore "use mpi" ABI compatibility with the rest of the 1.5/1.6
> series (except for v1.6.3, where it was accidentally broken).
> - Fix a very old error in opal_path_access(). Thanks to Marco Atzeri
> for chasing it down.
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]