Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [patch] MPI-2.2: Ordering of attribution deletion callbacks on MPI_COMM_SELF
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-17 06:10:44

Takahiro,

Thanks for the patch. I deplore the lost of the hash table in the attribute management, as the potential of transforming all attributes operation to a linear complexity is not very appealing.

As you already took the decision C, it means that at the communicator destruction stage the hash table is not relevant anymore. Thus, I would have converted the hash table to an ordered list (ordered by the creation index, a global entity atomically updated every time an attribute is created), and proceed to destroy the attributed in the desired order. Thus instead of having a linear operation for every operation on attributes, we only have a single linear operation per communicator (and this during the destruction stage).

  George.